Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dad...I feel your pain.

Written by: Kim
Today was quite a day. Tristen and Felton got their first shots...whew. I am almost too tired to write this. They were fine at the doctor (well, they cried but no big deal) but it wasn't until a few hours later that the real pain settled in. Felton woke up screaming...um, minor detail Doc. Shots may cause child to be miserable. These are the little things that would be nice to know. I don't understand why doctor's don't give you the details. As I held Felton and he cried and cried, I just felt so helpless. It gave me heartburn. It made me think back to when my dad used to get so upset when I was sick as a child. I could never understand why it upset him so much. I use to think to myself "I am the one in pain, what is his problem?" Now, I know. There is nothing worse than seeing your child in pain and not being able to do something about it. So, I did what most mother's would do... held him. I held my sweet little boy until he cried himself to sleep. The whole time this was taking place, I just kept thinking, "please don't wake up Tristen, please don't wake up". The thoughts of a mom with twins:). And, she didn't wake up. That girl just kept on sleeping. Thank you Tristen! Once she finally did wake up to eat, she did fuss a little. Ok, she screamed her lungs out but that is not really anything out of the ordinary so it didn't bother me as much. Her cry woke up Felton and they had to cry it out together. They fell asleep on each other in our bed. See below for picture... at least they have each other!

So, even though the babies got the shots, I think I suffered most today. DAD- if you are reading this, I am sorry that I was sick growing up. Now, I feel YOUR pain.

1 comment:

alfballer25 said...

Awww how sad; guess I shoulda been there for my neice & neph. Here's some advice...tylenol before shots, pacis during shots & READ the handouts after shots. Also, schedule your shot appts when they'll be most tired, so they'll KNOCK OUT afterward. And if all else fails, show them my pic & all pain will go away...LOL