Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mimi's first day "On the Job"

My sister & I have been giving my mom a hard time for many years about not working. We get it we get it, she worked hard raising us for all those years but we have been out of the house for 13 years now:). She is always the busiest non working woman you will ever meet...until you meet ALL of her friends that is. Tennis, yoga, shopping, lunches, it's all just so stressful and can fill the week's calendar very quickly. Ok, she does volunteer at church and is involved in her community. Let me be clear, this posting is not meant to make my mom sound selfish or vain. She is not...she's a giver! So, I thought I would put her "care giving nature" to use and offer her a job. Job description: play with your twin grandbabies every other Monday. Feed them, love them, kiss them, hug them and at the end of the day, watch them smile at you and make you feel like the most important person in the world. So, she checked her calendar (which she LOVES to do), called all her friends (which she has a million) and made the hard thought out decision to ACCEPT THE JOB. Monday was her first day and she did great. I was actually home sick (allergies) so I was able to help her get settled into her new office. How does she look?

4 comments:

The Morginskys said...

yeah for Mimis! (my mom is Mimi too!) where is your nanny on those mondays?

alfballer25 said...

OMG! This is 1 of the funniest but most accurate blogs Ive ever read. Good job MiMi (Kim, check the correct spelling...since I had kids 1st, I get to makeup the spelling lol). Wish my job was as fun!!!

Valerie said...

Your mom looks like a natural! Was she exhausted after her first day on the job?! My mom is always wiped out after she watches C and the boys for us. :-)

Ashleigh said...

way to go Kim. I didn't realize that you had started back so soon. Well, I guess it's not so soon. I feel like they were just born yesterday. I would love to visit you all. I will be working in Woodstock in the next month or two and your home will be on the way home. I'll make it happen!!! Love you all.