Monday, October 20, 2008

Things are changing...

I love the fall. It's my favorite time of year. The leaves are changing and the weather is cooler. Something about the fall makes me feel like I need to attend every possible fall festival out there. Obviously, that's not gonna happen this year. However, we did make it to the Taste of Roswell this weekend since it's just up the street from us. We started out with our double stroller but quickly realized 1. we looked like a freak show 2. there was no room to even walk side by side let alone push around our 15 foot long stroller. So, we headed back to the car and suited up with the baby gear! We have been wanting to break these things out for months. Felton had a blast, Tristen wished she was home watching football on the couch. She's just like her dad!

It was fun just to walk around and each have a baby to call our own. I told Ceasar that people may not even know we have twins...i'm not sure why I thought that! LOL it's always a fun adventure getting out with them.

In addition to the change in weather, we also have some other changes going on. As Tristen and Felton are approaching 5 months, we are doing what most parents do. Evaluating and changing things up (attempting to feed every 4 hours, introducing rice cereal, etc. etc.). One big change that we have been avoiding was "losing the swaddle"... well folks, we decided to FREE THEM from their straight jackets! We have read in the books and been told by friends that babies love being swaddled and you should keep swaddling them until they are strong enough to get out. Well, since they have been sleeping so great, we kept on swaddling away. They really haven't complained until this weekend... they were busting out. I think it's safe to say they are strong enough to get out. So, despite our fears, we set them FREE. I think they like their new sleeping arrangements. Especially Tristen! She is finally a free woman! She's silentely saying "thank you".

One more story, then I gotta go to bed. It is so fun having twins! I could tell some kind of story every day but who has time for that? This one is too cute to keep all to myself though. So, this morning Ceasar had to leave early and I was feeding by myself. I had to get ready for work so I left them in our bed to play and hang out with each other. I could tell Felton was getting tired because he was getting fussy. I was washing my face so I couldn't get his pacifier to put in his mouth. When I finished washing my face, I heard silence. I thought, that is strange b/c he doesn't usually stop fussing, when he's tired, unless he gets his pacifier. I wiped my face, looked up, and Tristen had put her thumb in Felton's mouth. I should mention that he loves to suck his thumb but we don't encourage it so we always try to give him the pacifier. Well, since I wasn't there to give it to him, Tristen stepped in and offered her thumb. It was quite a sight to see. I tried to capture it on camera but it was too late. This was all I could capture...
Their interaction with each other AMAZES me every single day.

4 comments:

The Morginskys said...

that story was so sweet! youre gonna die when they start talking. maggie just said to abraham (sorry i bonked you in the head hammy.)
oh, Abe slept 8 hours last night! i feel like i can run a marathon...not really.

Valerie said...

Isn't having twins the most awesomest thing ever?! I feel like we are a part of this fun, exclusive club. Meanwhile, you and C look like me and L as we put the boys in the Bjorns a lot. Love those baby carriers! I love that Tristan offered up her thumb, that was so kind and generous of her, LOL!

The Thrashers said...

So adorable! That story was so sweet. So glad you shared with all of us!! :)

The Thrashers said...

Hey Kim! I was talking about you. Guess I should have put last names. I "blog tagged" you! I know...I'm glad she tagged me so I would post! :)