Sunday, November 23, 2008

My 5 star hotel...is home.

Thanks to The Secret, I have learned to count my blessings and see the positive in all situations. I really do believe that The Secret changed the way I view life. There is not a day that goes by that I do not acknowledge all the good in my life. I don’t focus on the negative. It’s a waste of time and energy. I wanted to preface this story with that tid bit of info because I DO acknowledge my blessings, daily. However, every once in a while you have a moment that gives you the opportunity to reflect and really count your blessings.

I traveled this week for the first time in about a year. My pregnancy was considered “high risk”, so I had to stop traveling after 20 weeks of pregnancy. Since Tristen and Felton were born, I have not needed to travel for work. This week, I went to Boston. I was not anxious at all about leaving them because if you read this blog or know us at all, you know that Ceasar is more than capable of being Mr. Mom. In our household, it is almost more accurate to call me Mrs. Dad. That is how good he is. Anyway, I was going on a business trip and it was pretty first class. I was holding a “meet and great” for an NBA player and some sweepstakes winner. I was able to work out a deal (through some contacts) and stay at a really nice hotel in downtown Boston (for a great rate- yes, we are all on a budget in this tough economy). This hotel was the kind of place where they greet you at the door with a glass of champagne and take your bags. My room was plush, the service was impeccable and they treated me like gold because I brought this NBA player to their hotel for my event. At the end of the night, I got in bed, looked around at my ridiculously nice room and thought… there’s no place like home. My 5 star hotel consists of a small house in Woodstock with big bouncy chairs and loud monitors and when I walk through my front door, my glass of champagne looks like this:


P.S This is what you call a "MOMMY BAR"!

3 comments:

Jody said...

Hello Brown Family! I love all your family stories. What a wonderful way to not only record the growth of Tristen and Felton, but your complete family. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see read the next one...... You are both doing a terrific job of parenting......enjoy everything, time flies too quickly! Warmest wishes ~ Jody

The Morginskys said...

i have been meaning to tell you that i loved this post! and i loved your "mommy bar"....oh if beth and margot could only see!

Margarita said...

You are too cute! I have a bar like that in Budapest...I guess I can call it my "being far away from friends and family bar" :)