Monday, November 10, 2008

A proud day...the first of many.

Yesterday (Sunday), Tristen and Felton were dedicated at Smoke Rise Baptist Church. This is the church I grew up in. For many years, I watched "old people" walk up front with their babies and I always thought the parents looked so proud. Time and time again, babies would scream, cry or just quietly smile at the congregation as the parents stood there beaming. Well, after many years, it was now my turn! But for some reason, I looked much younger & cooler than those people did back in the day:). I stood there with MY husband and MY babies and felt so proud. We weren't sure what to expect from our lively daughter and playful son. We knew it could go a number of different ways. But as we stood up front, they both were perfect. I wouldn't have minded if they decided to scream, after all, they are babies. But to much surprise, they chose to keep things quiet.
After church, my parents hosted a lunch for family and close friends. Ham, Turkey, Cheesy apples, you know...all that good Thanksgiving type food. At the end of the day, Ceasar and I looked at each other and realized that this was the first of many days we will celebrate our children. We look forward to all the days ahead...birthdays, sporting events, graduations, weddings. Oh gosh, weddings...I think I will keep Felton all to myself and I am pretty sure Ceasar feels the same way about Tristen.


See more pictures in the album titled "baby dedication 11/9/08".

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Felton just melts my heart, those suspenders, OMG!!! And Tristan is just beautiful, so sweet! You guys are one gorgeous family!

aprilla55 said...

Hi Kim! My name is April Foster Donner. I am a friend of James and Carrie Willard. I went to college with both of them. I just saw your posting about Smoke Rise Baptist church and that is where I also grew up going. My sister Katherine Foster and I went there. After looking more closely, I realized you are Ashley Felton's sister, right? Ashley was my age. I just put two and two together after I realized where Felton's name came from and saw Smoke Rise Baptist. I look at your blog from time to time as Carrie has a link on their blog to yours and ours as well. Glad to know things are going well. What a small world!!