Saturday, February 21, 2009

A small price to pay

Tristen and Felton are so worth it. Tristen and Felton are so worth it. Tristen and Felton are so worth it. These are the words I chanted as I was trying on bathing suits at the mall today. Some may ask, why would you do that to yourself? Well, Ceasar and I are going to Jamaica next week (we are really excited to go on a tropical getaway. 5 nights of R&R! To be honest, Tristen & Felton are such great babies that we actually get plenty of sleep. But, it will be nice to get away with Ceasar to a sunny island… fruity drinks, great food, lots of sun and massages. I’m sure after a few drinks each day, we will do nothing but talk about how much we miss our babies. But, we will survive!)

Back to my shopping experience. So, I don’t use the “twin card” often but I think I will today. For those who saw me in my final pregnancy days, you know how HUGE I got. I was so thankful for it because it meant that my babies were big and healthy. For those who never saw me pregnant, here are a few pictures.
22 weeks

27 weeks

34 weeks
36 weeks

It’s hard to get the full effect when I am fully clothed but I decided against posting pictures of myself wearing just a sports bra and yoga pants. Those pictures are in sane. We were looking back at them today and WOW. I needed to look back at them to remind myself that it is ok for me not to be back into my bikini body. I honestly don’t even know if it would be physically possible considering what my body went through. Again, I don’t plan to use the “twin card” a lot but come on, I give myself the pass on this one. I do have dreams of one day being back in a bikini, but for now, I will proudly wear my tankini. Why does it not bother me more? As I was trying on bathing suits, I looked in the mirror and 2 sweet faces were staring back at me from their stroller. Felton was actually sticking his tongue out at me and Tristen was blowing bubbles. I smiled, laughed out loud, put the bathing suits back on the hanger and said let’s go home and play.

What could have been a bad day of shopping turned into another day of gratitude.

3 comments:

The Thrashers said...

Girl...you use that "twin pass" all you want!!!

Valerie said...

How gorgeous were you pregnant! OMG! You rock that tankini, have a drink for me, and have such a wonderful getaway with your husband!

ljfelton said...

I knew this "bikini moment" was coming and I also knew how you would feel. You are so right...those precious babies are so worth it! I'm proud to be your Mom.