Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"These are the best days of my life"

Tonight Ceasar has a basketball game so I am at home with Tristen & Felton. I love being here by myself with them. Don't get me wrong, I love Ceasar's company, but every once in a while, it is quite rewarding to tuck them in by myself. When I travel, I know Ceasar feels the same way. It's such a gratifying feeling to look at 2 healthy babies that are spitting images of you and know that it was another good day. They are amazing.

Since I am always giving my insight on this blog, I thought I would ask Ceasar some questions on fatherhood to give you a glimpse into his thoughts today.

Questions on Fatherhood

What was your first thought when you found out you were having a baby? I felt the greatest amount of accomplishment when I found out we were pregnant. We tried for a year and a half and though I never gave up hope, getting pregnant become this place I knew existed, I just didn't know how to get there. I was very excited and didn't think I could wait 9 months for the baby.

What was your first thought when you found out you were having TWO babies? I thought how in the world did we get so lucky. My second thought came out of my mouth and it was, "Are there anymore in there?" There weren't.

What is your favorite thing about fatherhood? Being a father. That entails a ton of things, things I can't begin to list due to time constraints. But for me, to touch, kiss, baby scratches to my face, the hugs, the whole experience is my favorite thing about fatherhood. I love being the protector and comforter of my kids.



Is it what you expected? It is what I expected. But I think it is a whole lot more too. I thought it would be harder, but it turned out to be easier. The rewards of actually seeing your babies develop is what you don't envision or expect or can't begin to measure until they are in your life.

What is unique about being a father of twins? With twins, a parent must make an effort to give more love to many as opposed to all the love to one. This is challenging, but it is also an opportunity like no other. As a father, I get all the kisses and hugs one man could dream of from his babies. And because I can go from one baby to the other, I don't necessarily annoy them too much! Being a father to boy/girl twins, I am able to have a soft little girl to love on and a tough little busy boy who gets sweaty and cranky and wants to lay his head on my shoulder. The best!

What is the most challenging thing about having twins? Obviously, being able to physically take care of two instead of one is the greatest challenge. When I'm alone with them, my fear is that one will need special attention, so what do you do with the other one? But so far, so good. The most challenging thing with having twins for me is being able, physically able, to hold them and love on them at the same time. But I know this will be less difficult once they are able to grab and hug daddy’s neck.

If you had to choose one word that described your personality as a Father, what would it be? I have 2 words that equally come to mind: involved, thankful.
What are you most excited about? Everything. The next kiss. The next hug. The first words. Bedtime. Waking them up in the morning. Their laughter. Their cry when they want to be held. A smile on their faces. The next time their little hands touch my face. I am excited about them making eye contact with each other again. These are the best days of my life! Thank you God.

Pictures taken at " Uncle Junior's" wedding



1 comment:

Jana said...

I love the Q&A with Ceasar. Ya'll are such a special couple and fantastic parents. I wish all Dad's could express themselves the way Ceasar does.