Thursday, August 6, 2009

Tiny moments that are oh so big!

Life isn't a matter of milestones but of moments. -Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy

In just one day, we had 2 great moments. At the end of each work day, I sooo look forward to walking in my house. This Monday, I had a busy day at work and I was mentally exhausted when I got home. Like most days, Tristen and Felton were waiting for me in the den with smiles and screams. They literally scream when we get home each day. This day was different though. When I walked in, Tristen raised her arms asking me to pick her up. As I lifted her and put her on my hip, she laid her head down on my chest and took the deepest sigh. I know this might sound way overly sentimental, but with her sigh, it’s like she was saying “mommy, I’m so glad you're home”. She melted my heart. I thought it was only going to be a moment of sweetness but she kept laying there for a good 3 minutes. Long enough for Becky (our nanny) to get her camera and take this picture. It was such a tender moment that was way better than anything I could have ever imagined. Tough day at work, went right out the door.

On the very same day, Felton had a moment of his own. He decided that it was time to conquer this world on his feet. I don’t think he realizes what he’s doing when he walks but Tristen claps and yells “GEE GEE” (her nickname for him) every time he does it. She loves for him to be in the spotlight. She is Felton’s biggest fan.

Here's some footage from my phone. I apologize for the chaos noise but I still haven't had time to transfer from my video camera so my phone footage that I took right before bed (when they were tired) will have to do for now.

This was all just on Monday. It was a good day.

1 comment:

Margarita said...

How freaking cute!!! I just watched the video :) Nice blanket on the floor! GOOOO SAINTS!