Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cheers!

Ceasar and I always cling our glasses and say “cheers” to each other any time we have a drink together. Well, I guess our kids have picked up on this tradition, because now they take their milk cups and “cheers” each other. Every single night. They think it’s the funniest thing in the world and I think it’s pretty dang amusing myself.

As we approach New Years Eve, I have been thinking about my life and my New Year’s resolutions. I typically don’t make any, never really have. But this year, well, THIS IS THE YEAR. I can feel it. Lots of changes are taking place in the Brown household and I am excited about 2010. The past 2 years have been the best ones of my life, so I must have really high expectations for 2010 because 08 & 09 are gonna be pretty hard to beat. Some people think that high expectations are only setting you up for disappointment. Not me. High expectations result in happiness. Why aim low? It just doesn’t even make sense to me.

My New Year’s resolutions are:

• GET BACK IN SHAPE (how cliché I know). I am starting p90X on January 4th and I am going to kick some butt! I have been dragging athletically ever since I got pregnant and there are no more excuses. I can do this! I am going to look and feel great this Spring!
• GET MORE ORGANIZED. I am not the most organized person in the world. This is no secret to anyone who knows me. I will never be the most organized person. But, I can become more organized. With a career, 2 kids, a husband and a household…I must get more organized or I am going to go crazy.
• BE PRESENT and PASSIONATE. Whatever I am doing, it’s going to have my full undivided attention. I have spread myself so thin because I take pride in being a major multi-tasker. I can do more in a day than most people can do in a week:). The problem with this is that I focus more on getting it ALL done rather than making sure I am doing it with fulfillment. I want to be present and I want to be passionate about all aspects of my life.

So, that’s my small but robust list. I believe that these 3 things will help me feel more well rounded and complete. These will hang in my office, bedroom and kitchen so that I can hold myself accountable. Gosh, I have posted them on my blog. Feel free to hold me accountable:).

Tonight when I watched my kids “cheers” each other, I was so proud. At 19 months, Tristen & Felton are the happiest children on the planet. They “cheers” each other and giggle. This is the kind of happiness I want for myself, my family and all of my friends. Cheers to a happy and healthy 2010! May we all feel giddy with happiness just like young children on Christmas day.









3 comments:

The Morginskys said...

i love your goals! i think i might adopt them as my own! i am going to do a major purge this month of closets, mail, bills, etc. all going to the trash! i love your "being present" such good words for me! dont forget to do p90x today!

Erin Duvall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin Duvall said...

Realized last comment I wrote wasn't complete. Hi Kim this is Erin duvall. No,you shouldn't know me:) I went to north GA. Lived with key,sally, and most recently margarita. Anyhoo I was talkin with Ash about my blog and she was tellin me I should check out yours. Your kiddos are so cute. Love your family picture at.the top. www.erinandvince.blogspot.com