Friday, November 5, 2010

rally and fine china

ive never really cared about material things. lord knows i don't really take care of nice things. i am not that organized and i don't really like cleaning. so those are just a few of my flaws, there you have it:).

i do have really great fine china though. my mother just insisted me registering for it when i was getting married. i have almost been married 10 years now and we have only used them once. they are so pretty and i love them and to be honest, i am glad i registered for them because i hope to use them more in the near future.

tristen is really into tea parties these days. we have little plastic china that we use and she is obsessed with having tea parties. it started a few weeks back when tristen and her daddy had a 4 hour long tea party. yes, people...4 hours long! so, this morning, she said "lets have a tea party" and felton and i jumped right in. today though, instead of using the plastic china, i decided to break out the good stuff. life is just way too short to keep the good stuff boxed up and my daughter wants to have a real tea party so dangit, we are having a real tea party.

i spent my evening last night volunteering for my favorite cause rally! http://www.rallyfoundation.org/. it was their annual benefit bash and it was inspirational to say the very least. a friend of mine, dean crowe, started this foundation and she is an amazing woman. no, neither of her kids have ever been diagnosed but she has dedicated her career to helping find a cure for childhood cancer. last night, i watched the bravest little girl (8 years old) who is battling Stage 4 Neuroblastoma, as she sang her favorite miley cyrus song (The Climb*) ON STAGE in front of a huge crowd of adults. she promised the crowd that if they raised a certain amount of dollars during this one single live auction item, that she would stand and sing on stage. well, the money was quickly raised and there she stood, with a microphone in her hand, her momma right below the stage and she sang her HUGE heart out. i stood next to her father and watched tears flow down his face. i will never be able to comprehend how he was feeling. all i know is how i was feeling. and how i am still feeling this morning...

and this morning, we broke out the fine china.








this is not for dramatic effect but i just want to try and express the magnitude of how unbelievably touching this evening was. below are the lyrics of the song that sweet and brave lily sang...and i mean she sang her heart out!!!
*Lyrics to The Climb: Miley Cyrus
I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on

'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebody's gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

Keep on moving, keep climbing
Keep the faith, baby
It's all about, it's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa

No comments: